Boxes with a Purpose is a Christmas gifting program that is changing the lives of children in foster care. We have committed ourselves to be a drop off location at our church building (2198 Blue Horizon Drive, Morgantown, WV 26501) on Sundays from 9am to 12pm and on Wednesdays from 7pm to 8:30pm and at the church office (300 Highland Avenue, Morgantown, WV 26505) on weekdays from 9am to 5pm. If you would like to make a box for a child, please follow the instructions below.
- Fill out the form that you and/or your group are committing to fill.
- We will provide you with a commitment to a recipient sheet that includes the age, size, and gender of a foster child/children, and packaging instructions.
- Fill the box (17″×11″×3.5″ or standard gift robe box) according to instructions on the commitment to a recipient sheet.
- Items to be put in boxes include:
- a pair of pajamas
- a Christmas movie (no Blu-ray)
- an age appropriate book
- a small stuffed animal (no battery-operated)
- a bag of popcorn
- a box of hot chocolate
- Note: Some items are not appropriate for certain ages (such as infants), and alternatives are printed on your commitment to a recipient sheet.
- Please follow all the instructions on the commitment to a recipient sheet. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Drop the box(es) off at designated drop-off locations near you.
About Boxes with a Purpose
Boxes of Purpose is a campaign with the mission of providing children in foster care with Christmas Eve Fun Boxes.
The purpose of this campaign is to
- Provide a normative experience of holiday joy and fun for children who are in foster care.
- Demonstrate to children in foster care that we (the community) are walking this journey with them. They are not alone and we care.
- Provide a small but tangible means of support to the heroes who are foster parents.
- Raise awareness about foster care and all that it entails.
It is our vision to provide every child in foster care in West Virginia with a Christmas Eve box of fun while creating an opportunity for West Virginians, communities, business entities, and social service agencies to connect together through a united purpose.